HOME

Friday, January 17, 2014

Winter in Northern California

This morning I went over the hill to run an errand in Santa Cruz which just happens to be the home of my favorite South Bay artisan ice cream shop: The Penny Ice Creamery.

I arrived 8 minutes before they opened which gave me plenty of time to sit with the two guys who got there before me and to peruse the day's menu. While I knew I should have been ordering/eating food, like for lunch, how could I resist? The Salted Butter Toffee caught my eye immediately then called my name.


I was told the past two days the temperature had hit 80ยบ' (or close to it) in Santa Cruz. Is that crazy or what? I was wearing a short sleeved t-shirt enjoying the summer weather and incredibly blue sky. I swear, sometimes the weather here is just too perfect :)

0 Click Here to Comment: