HOME

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Wild about Wild

Yesterday I saw the movie trailer for Cheryl Strayed's "Wild" starring Reese Witherspoon. It opens December 5, 2014. I am so excited! I can't wait to see it. Or maybe I can.

The book stirred up a lot of feelings I could relate to. At some point in our lives we all reach crossroads. Do we continue on the road we know? Or do we take a road less traveled? Do we dare to lose our way? To take a chance? If we let go of the things we know what will will we find at the end of the journey? Happiness? Forgiveness? Acceptance? Ourselves? Or will we simply be all alone left with nothing?

You may recall I read and reviewed the book Wild here on the blog late last year after my friend Tracy gave it to me as a gift. Tracy now calls me "Wild Stacie." She saw parallels in Cheryl's experience and the journey I began last year. Where Cheryl chose to hike 1,100 miles along the Pacific Crest Trail, alone, with no experience back packing, I chose to travel almost 15,000 miles across the country and back (twice) as well as other shorter trips with my tiny travel trailer, alone, with no experience road tripping, rv'ing, or camping.


Now my biggest question is will it open where I am on December 5th? Or will seeing the movie on opening day require a drive to the city (Grand Rapids) and if it does will I want to see it enough to drive there through snow? Because I'm certain there will be snow by then. The last time I drove in snow was 27 years ago. It's been a while. If I don't feel like tackling the road conditions I can always wait until the movie is released on DVD, order it online, and have it shipped directly to me. I guess my adventurous days may be on hiatus until spring.

A lot of people have asked me how I'll handle a winter in Michigan. Lately I've been thinking I may tackle it like this woman on the satire news website "The Onion". . . LOL

0 Click Here to Comment: