HOME

Thursday, February 16, 2017

The new me

The other day I was talking to my friend Dana on the phone. He said something like "Remember when you used..." about how I used to go out and do more things when I lived in California and would then blog about them. I'd been feeling the same way. It made me realize there was something else I hadn't done for a long time, which was to update the fun and flirty cartoon self portraits I used to use across my websites and social media platforms for branding and marketing purposes.

So I made a new me...


She's not wearing lipstick and she doesn't color the greys out of her hair. Except for tweezing her eyebrows, and occasionally getting a hair cut/trim that's her, I mean me, the current real me.


I started making cartoon-me back in 2009 because I absolutely hate to have my picture taken. The only thing that ever really changed was the length of my hair so I'd update the cartoon internet-wide and on my business cards to reflect what I currently looked like at any given time. LOL


I also update the masthead on this blog. The sandhill cranes are from this picture I took a couple of years ago when I was driving down the highway and saw many cranes feeding out in a field. I turned off and was lucky enough to get this shot.


I used to have a lot of fun creating the self-portrait style cartoons not just for myself but lots of other people too! Maybe I'll take it up again someday or occasionally add the option for one in my Etsy shop. If you'd be interested in commissioning one just let me know. You can probably twist my arm a teensy bit to take a break from my folding to design a cartoon just for you :D

0 Click Here to Comment: