HOME

Saturday, July 14, 2012

August 1st is National Wide Angle Lens Day!

I just recently discovered some people aren't aware August 1st is National Wide Angle Lens Day. It's a gift giving holiday like Christmas and Birthdays! And just like Christmas has a storybook of its own, "Twas the Night Before Christmas," National Wide Angle Lens Day has its own storybook too:

This was one of my favorite bedtime stories as a child. 

I remember loving the story of Lumix the magical ocelot when I was a kid. He had a pair of wide angle lenses for eyes and could see the whole world all at once. My mom would bake special ocelot decorated cupcakes and my dad would read the story to me every August Eve. In the book Lumix stealthily creeps around the world delivering wide angle lenses to all of the deserving grown ups who didn't own them yet. As the story goes, he only delivered gifts beneath the light of the full moon. He didn't give them to kids because most kids don't want wide angle lenses plus they're really expensive. I couldn't wait to grow up so that he'd leave me a wide angle lens someday.

Oh, and I just saw a holiday greeting card at the drug store yesterday:

Holiday Greeting Card
If I'm not mistaken that's a Lumix® G VARIO 7-14mm/F4.0 ASPH. lens.

Of course if you already own a wide angle lens you should go out and shoot with it on August 1st. Find something really close up or really wide to photograph and have at it!

0 Click Here to Comment: