HOME

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Day 23: Last baby hummingbird is out of the lemon tree

I can't tell you how glad I was to see little Itty out of the lemon tree yesterday. The day before I suspect he/she had spent the entire day, beneath the hot sun, completely exposed on the bare branches of the dying tree. So yesterday afternoon I suspect it was Itty, not Bitty, I saw back in the original tree the nest was in. It's leafy and heavily shaded so I know he/she had to feel more comfortable than the day before.


And mama was still dropping by for feedings.


Wondering how much longer I'll be able to pick out the babies in our yard. Soon they'll look identical to the adults. For now, I'm just enjoying them being here as much as possible :)

If you want to view all of the baby hummingbird posts since day 1 just CLICK HERE.

0 Click Here to Comment: