HOME

Friday, April 18, 2008

Miraglia Catering

I love salmon.

I love capers.

I love caviar.

Let me tell you, these were not your typical smoked salmon on a piece of toast or graved lox on a piece of bread with dill and capers kind of appetizer. Miraglia Catering, located in San Leandro, has stepped things up and uses a thin, soft, Korean, pancake as the base for these bite sized morsels.

So how could I not love them? Salmon is really healthy for you. Though I have been moving towards going vegetarian for a while now, salmon is one protein source that I'm torn about. The health benefits are tremendous, especially the omega-3 fatty acids. Capers I always add to any pasta I make at home. Caviar? I've had 3 times in my entire life. If you've never tried caviar before I can only describe the taste as light and that it tastes like the ocean. Not salty at all, just clean and fresh. To be honest I don't know anyone who enjoys caviar as much as I do but it's so decadent I rarely have the opportunity to sample it.

Combine all of these ingredients together and you have one blissed out Flirty Girl. Especially when the catering staff at a Bay Area Wedding Network meeting I was attending told me to "eat as many" as I could before we stepped into the Tien Megadome Theatre at the Chabot Space center the for the days presentation. I needed no further urging. I stood at their display and ate as many as I could. It would have been rude not to right?

photo by: by Suzanne Jamieson

0 Click Here to Comment: