HOME

Friday, May 23, 2008

Bead Shops • Beads N Things

Ever wonder where I buy the beads I use to create my custom, couture, bridal accessories for The Flirty Bride? Well, some I find online and and others I purchase at local bead stores. If you've never been to a bead store you should go. Sure craft stores like Michaels and various fabric stores carry a selection of beads, but what they offer cannot compare with the sheer variety you will find in a specialty bead shop! From a multitude of glass seed beads to Swarovski Austrain crystal and pressed glass beads of every size, shape and color, a bead shop is a feast for the eyes. It's also an absolute necessity for those who are DIY jewelry designers, home decorating enthusiasts, and bridal accessory designers :o)

Original Design Swarovski Crystals and Glass Beaded Frog on Wire Frame

Original Design Seed Bead Flowers on Wire Comb

Original Design Beaded Dragonflies & Beaded Wire Flowers

Swarovski Crystal Heart Tiara

Close up of light Rose Crystal Heart

One of my favorite Bay Area bead stores is Peninsula Bead Supply better known as "Beads N Things" to the locals. They carry everything from glass, crystal, semi-precious, and freshwater pearl beads to tools, chain, sequins, books and more.

A Colorful Selection of Seed Beads

Blue Glass Beads

Tray of Swarovski Crystal Beads

2 Click Here to Comment:

Beadtastic said...

Hi Staci, I just found your site as I was searching the internet for bridal bead ideas. Many of my friends are telling me I MUST get into this area of beading.

I am wondering if you have a DIY for the green frog? I have a co-worker who will be getting married soon and she loves frogs and what better way to add a whimsical one than a beaded one?

Great website. I am enjoying all the different sites within :-)

Thanks!
DianeW

Tinygami said...

Hi Diane,

My apologies but at this time I don't have a DIY tutorial for the frog. I can add it to my current "to do" list of projects but cannot guarantee when I will be able to create it.

I can tell you I used 24 gauge craft wire strung with 4mm bicone Swarovski crystals to create the shape of the body and 28 gauge wire to wrap the strands of mixed beads back and forth across that frame to fill in the body. The legs are double strands of 28 gauge green wire with small Japanese delica (size 15) seed beads. I use the "Artistic Wire" towards the bottom of this page: http://tinyurl.com/5dwoh9

I've not used this online resource before though as I purchase my wire at local bead trade shows. I hope that might help a bit if you decide to make the frog.

I'm so glad you are enjoying the site!

Stacie