HOME

Sunday, May 25, 2008

The Price of Gas Went Up 8¢ While I Was Pumping!

While filling my tank the other day I noticed one of the gas station employees was raising the prices on the street sign by 8¢ a gallon, WHILE I WAS PUMPING! I even took a picture because I fear that tank of gas will be a momentous tank in my driving history as it will be the last time I see gas for under $4 a gallon for a very looooooooooong time.

*Sigh* I really hope I'm wrong. But I have a bad feeling I'm right.

By the time I was done pumping the price was $4.07 a gallon. Oh geeez.

On the bright side I don't own an SUV so to fill my tank still cost less then $40 the other day. The next time it will be over $40 but I'll savor that last tank of "cheap" $3.99 a gallon gas as a bittersweet memory of kinder, happier more economical days.

6 Click Here to Comment:

Anonymous said...

the price of gas is exhausting me. I've always wondered if it ever goes up when people are pumping.

Tinygami said...

In all my years of driving it's never happened before. I was just glad I had my camera with me. The gas station attendant probably thought I was nuts. LOL

Thanks for dropping by!

Jen said...

It amazes me, not in a good way, on how fast the increase in price has been. sigh... Glad you took the picture. It will remind everyone of the good ol'days.

Tinygami said...

Thanks for the comment Jenni! I know. I was floored. For some silly reason I thought prices only rose a penny or two at a time. Guess not!

Rachel said...

Yikes. Gas is 3.78/gallon here and it's killin' me. I drive a moderate SUV, a Chrysler Aspen but I'm dreading gas this summer!

Those parmesan balls sound delightful! I think I might make some for dinner tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up! Do you just roll and go? Sounds yummy.
So glad you dropped in to say Hi and comment! I love comments and new readers!! Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

Omgosh! I know! The price of gas is crazy high and climbing! I hope it goes down soon or I will have to ride my bike everywhere! LOL!