HOME

Friday, May 16, 2008

"Wish" by Michael J. Downey


I met Michael J. Downey on Myspace. Michael keeps in touch by dropping by my page to leave a greeting every now and then. I do the same but I have the added bonus of being able to listen to his music, either by visiting his page or on iTunes because I purchased a couple of his songs.

I love a good ballad, and his song "Wish" has become one of my favs. According to my iTunes, since purchasing the song in late February, I've already listened to it 53 times. The lyrics really speak to me. Though it was probably meant as a romantic love song, right now there are a few friends I've kind of lost touch with and when I hear the song I think of them.

"I wish you well, I wish you might

Think of me time to time, that’s alright

Tonight the stars, they shine so bright

Wish that you were with me, wish that you were with me tonight."

Click Here to Visit Michael J. Downey's Myspace page and listen to "Wish" and "Be Here Now." Though his song "America" is the one that went to #6 on the national adult contemporary charts, I'm hooked on his ballads :o)


Once the high-volume lead guitarist for Femme Fatale, Michael is now using his music and dedicating his time and talent to creating a cultural bridge between America, Japan, and South Korea through his recordings, performances, and his non-profit www.Hashi.org.


I guess I see a parallel between Michael and his music and myself using my tiny origami cranes for the same purpose but geographically in reverse. By sharing a traditional Asian art form with America I hope to both bridge cultural gaps where they exist and create inner peace when people view my work.

I'm a bit envious because while Michael is out there doing right now my art is, at the moment, a side note that I hope to one day bring to center stage.

0 Click Here to Comment: