HOME

Friday, May 23, 2008

Frostie Cherry Limeade Soda


Talk about yum! After spending my most recent surprise sushi night with my friend and colleague, Jewel Savadelis, we popped into Powell's Sweet Shoppe, a cute candy shop in downtown Los Gatos, where I spotted this very unusual bottle of soda. I couldn't resist and purchased a bottle to try later at home. If you loved cherry snow cones as a kid? Chances are you'll love this soda because that's exactly what it tasted like.

6 Click Here to Comment:

victoria said...

ooo oooo! did you go to sushi on the run?!!

Tinygami said...

We did. It was great! :o)

Polka Dot Bride said...

Oh I want to be in America! I'd love to know what a cherry snowcone tastes like!

Anonymous said...

If I ever visit Australia I'll bring you a bottle of the soda :o)

Anonymous said...

I noticed this blog and thought you may like to add where these sodas can be found in large quantity for events...

The best place to purchase these nostalgic sodas is a place in San Francisco called Real Soda. http://www.realsoda.com

The Frostie and many other hard to find sodas can all be found there. This is perfect for weddings and parties. It is likely to cause a stir similar to the one you experienced while enjoying your sweets in Los Gatos. For many it brings back childhood memories.

In fact, a couple of years ago, I did this for West Bay Opera of Palo Alto and planned a mini carnival for a donor appreciation event...the old folks went crazy and talked about the sodas for days. I even still hear about it to this day. : )

Tinygami said...

Thanks for the tip Lea!