HOME

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Santa Cruz Beach Bonfire

I really need to get out more. The sun, the sand, the smell of the ocean... I had a really wonderful time! For those of you who read the blog but live inland... I hope this post is kind of like a Calgon commercial that "takes you away" and makes you feel like you were at the beach with me.

I can't even remember the last time I was at the beach. It's been so many years. So it was especially fun going for a few hours last night to spend time with our friend Heather who had invited us to a beach bonfire.

We were at Twin Lakes State Beach near the lighthouse breakwater.

There were lots of people, boats and waves...

Gorgeous huh?

I'll admit it struck me as odd going to a bonfire when it seems like half of the state is on fire. That pinkish haze on the horizon line is smoke from the wildfires. In this area it's most likely from two of the biggest, The Indian's Fire and the one at Big Sur :o( 

But wildfires or not, Heather has invited us to her bonfires the past 2 years and this was the first time we could make it to one.

There was plenty to eat with a bit of this and a bit of that...

The kids were having a great time with these ginormous bubbles...

The classic lighthouse...

A beautiful California night sky...

The Bonfire



The Grand Finale!

At the end of the night we were treated to some impressive, albeit illegal, fireworks by someone down the beach from us. Which was fun considering we didn't see any the night before.

0 Click Here to Comment: