HOME

Friday, April 12, 2013

Brussels Sprouts take the spotlight

Just as I was deleting this email this morning I thought I saw my name. . .


I had to open my trash folder to see if I had imagine it. Nope. That's my name! And that was a picture I'd shared on Yelp featuring the Brussels Sprouts at LYFE Kitchen in Palo Alto being featured on "The Weekly Yelp, South Bay."

Did you miss my review of the new LYFE Kitchen in Culver City?

This is the original photo: Brussels Sprouts & Squash with Cranberries (Small Bites side order). Of all of their side dishes it's my favorite because it's delicious, healthy (194 calories | 176 mg sodium), and inexpensive ($2.99). It was originally published in the post Gardein: If you serve it I will come


When I clicked on the link in the email it brought me to this page. It's a discussion of Yelpers recommending their favorite restaurants in San Jose with Brussels Sprouts on their menus. Ah, my people. I spotted a few of my favorites and realized I'm not alone when it comes to loving this often detested cruciferous vegetable.

The only bad thing about Brussels Sprouts is they tend to be seasonal, so you'll often find them coming and going from menus. I order them whenever I see them.


These are just some of the restaurants and caterers I've reviewed over the years that serve them. I'll list the posts below in case you'd like to learn more about them:

Left Column (top to bottom):

Devoted Catering - Devoted Catering by Amiee Alan
Naglee Park Garage - A Canceled Book Signing = Good Food and New Friends
Betelnut (now closed - reopened as Hutong) - A private lunch at Betelnut Restaurant
Hapa Ramen - Gourmet Meat Street Food & Vegetarian Food Truck Favorites

Right Column (top to bottom):

The Pasta Market - Where to Eat on Fourth Street • Berkeley, CA
Millenium - Let there be light, the beautiful food at Millennium Restaurant San Francisco
Pizza Antica - The Seasonal Brussels Sprouts Salad at Pizza Antica is Leaving
Westin St. Francis San Francisco - Westin St. Francis SF Imperial Floor Unveiling

0 Click Here to Comment: