HOME

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Final Results from the Sony NEX-5R Unedited408

Over the past couple of months I've posted several times about the free camera Sony gave me to participate in a photo challenge. Posting unedited images online is kind of like a woman going out with no make up on. I don't always edit every image you see on the blog but will admit I often shortcut while shooting if I know I can make a quick adjustment later through editing. This challenge broke me of that habit.

Of the 50 required images there were 9 that I felt looked better with just a bit of post editing adjusting the light level of each image to make them a little brighter. The way the images played back in camera was brighter than how they appeared on my computer monitor at home. It was just something I needed to get used to as I familiarized myself with the new camera.


In six days I shot in seven cities to capture a total of 50 images. You can CLICK HERE to view all 50 images from my Sony Unedited408 Challenge on Flickr with in-depth image descriptions including how I took some of the images using different built in features in the camera and side by side comparisons of the nine images I brightened a bit in Photoshop.

Originally Sony was going to display the images in-store then post each gallery online. In the end my in-store display was on a tiny tablet and the online gallery turned into a compilation photo album where each photographer had 1-3 images displayed in a single album.

I'd worked so hard to live up to the spirit of the challenge I was disappointed that the gallery wouldn't be shown in its entirety, especially since I felt my images showed what a great camera the NEX-5R is.

Because Sony owns the rights to the pictures I took I asked if it would be ok to post my collection online to share them with you and received back word that would be fine. So, here in the post are some of the things that I think make the 408 a great place to live as captured by the Sony NEX-5R Micro Four Thirds digital camera, and 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 and 55-215mm f/4.5-6.3 Telephoto Lenses.


CAMPBELL
CLICK HERE to view all 50 images, enlarged, with in-depth image descriptions including how I took some of the images using different built in features in the camera. In case you're curious here's the list of the locations I shot in Campbell:

23 Skidoo (Vintage Boutique)
Frost Cupcake Factory
Heritage Theater
Light Rail Station
Los Gatos Creek Trail (Swan)
Michi Sushi
Psycho Donuts
Simply Smashing Boutique (Apparel & Art)



CUPERTINO
Don Burnett Bicycle-Pedestrian Bridge (Suspension bridge over HWY 280)


GILROY
CLICK HERE to view all 50 images, enlarged, with in-depth image descriptions. In case you're curious here's the list of the locations I shot in Gilroy:

Gilroy Gardens (Circus Trees)
Pacheco Pass (Orchard)
Saint Mary’s Cathedral


LOS GATOS
CLICK HERE to view all 50 images, enlarged, with in-depth image descriptions. In case you're curious here's the list of the locations I shot in Los Gatos:

AndalĂ© Mexican Restaurant (Horchata)
Campo di Bocce
Fleur de Cocoa (Dessert)
Summit Bicycles
Vasona Park (Kitai, my dog)


SAN JOSE
CLICK HERE to view all 50 images, enlarged, with in-depth image descriptions. In case you're curious here's the list of the locations I shot in San Jose:

Alum Rock Park (Fern)
Emma Prusch Farm Park (Turkeys)
Fallon House & Peralta Adobe
Japantown
 - Daruma street art (Southeast corner of 4th St x Jackson St)
 - Internment Barrack at Japanese American Museum
San Jose Municipal Rose Garden
Santana Row
 - Consuelo Mexican Bistro (Pozole)
 - Mosaic Lizard Fountain
 - Giant Chess Set
TechShop


SARATOGA
CLICK HERE to view all 50 images, enlarged, with in-depth image descriptions. In case you're curious here's the list of the locations I shot in Saratoga:

Cooper Garrod Vineyard & Stables
Hakone Gardens
 - Koi
 - Turtles
 - Bamboo
Heritage Orchard
Montalvo Arts Center
 - Love Temple Gate
 - Adam and Eve Sculpture
Mountain Winery Amphitheater
From the Mountain Winery
- Night view of Silicon Valley
- Skyline at dusk


SUNNYVALE
CLICK HERE to view all 50 images, enlarged, with in-depth image descriptions including how I took some of the images using different built in features in the camera. In case you're curious here's the list of the locations I shot in Sunnyvale:

Los Palmas Dog Park
A random sunset
Weird Stuff



Disclosure: While I did not rece payment for participating, I did receive compensation in the form of the camera and lens to use for the project and to keep after. This does not mean I was obligated to give a positive review of the camera or lens. My opinions are my own and accurate regarding my experience with the NEX-5R.  #Sony408 #SonyStore

0 Click Here to Comment: