HOME

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Cake Deprivation

Gabrielle from Cake Coquette

So last week at the Promises and Pearls soiree? I met great brides and grooms, had fun visiting with other industry professionals, and overall had a really wonderful time. The only thing that went wrong? I missed out on the cake. And not just cake. I also missed out on the cupcakes, and the chocolates! Boo hoo. Probably nobody feels too sorry for me but if you only knew how much I love cake and chocolate you might empathize with just a teensy tiny bit of my disappointment to be so near and yet so far.

Coco Delice

That evening there were sweet treats from Cake Coquette, Sibby's Cupcakery and Coco Délice Fine Chocolates. I watched as many brides, grooms and a lot of my colleagues strolled by sampling a little bit of everything, even showing me the cupcakes they were taking home with them... I thought I'd have my chance at the end of the night. But at the end of the night? I was so busy taking down our booth that I missed out on everything!

*sigh*

Sibby's Cupcakery

To make the whole thing even more bitter than sweet? The next day I was chatting online with Gabrielle from Cake Coquette, she has a fan site on Facebook, and she mentioned she had some cake leftover from the night before! LEFTOVER??? Man was I bummed.

LOL instead of yummy desserts for dinner that night? I left the glamorous event and stopped off at In-N-Out Burger on the way home for my favorite Grilled Cheese Sandwich with fries and a lemon-up.

I've had Dennis' chocolates before, 3 times to be exact, and can attest that Coco Délice's chocolates are absolutely delicious! Sibby's cupcakes? I'll have someday. Hopefully sooner then later. Ordering her cupcake sampler is on my "to-do" list this year. Same with Cake Coquette. Everyone was raving how great the cake was that night. I can't wait until it's my turn to try some.


Cake Coquette

0 Click Here to Comment: