HOME

Sunday, March 23, 2008

The Sanctuary

Sometimes I wish that I could love wine the way everyone else does. Those of you who have read my ice wine post know that I don't drink alcohol. In fact for over two years my bottle of ice wine has been happily living out it's life here at the The Flirty Girl Wine Sanctuary. It's companions include 6 other bottles of wine and 2 bottles of champagne. A friend told me the other night that the bottle is mocking me from beneath it's coat of dust. LOL It probably is. It knows it can mock me with impunity because I'm quite certain I will never pop the cork and get schnockered as I had once planned.

I hope the ice wine isn't becoming over confident though. I may never drink it but may pass it along to any one of my friends who enjoy partaking in alcohol infused libations.

One friend that I would love to give it to unfortunately lives on the East Coast. After much Googling I've come to the conclusion that there is no way for me to legally ship it to her. And I am no law breaker. So unless she comes to California for a visit, another friend will someday silence the ice wine and stop it from so smugly thinking it has years or decades to live here at the sanctuary. It's days are numbered. It just doesn't know it.

1 Click Here to Comment:

Events by Evonne, LLC said...

OMG, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Ice Wine... every time I visit my parents in Toronto, they always have to buy a bottle for me! =)