HOME

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Crystal Earrings and Beaded Orchid Hair Pins

Even though my company The Flirty Bride began as a custom design studio for bridal accessories it wasn't long before my brides were requesting bridesmaid gift items for their attendants.

This is how bridesmaid gift orders usually begin: I meet with a client, we discuss all of the details of their wedding, the venue, time of day and formality of the wedding and then they give me a color swatch which usually consists of a piece of fabric that measures anywhere from 1 to 2 inches.

This order was from a few years back but I just happened to spot the photo in a folder on my computer this evening. I love how it shows how with just that tiny color swatch I am able to match the beads to the gowns. In some instances this requires extraordinary steps on my part driving up to San Francisco or beyond, or going on an online quest until I find exactly what I'm looking for. In the end the efforts are so worth it when I put together a match like this. 

3 Click Here to Comment:

DK Designs said...

You never cease to amaze me! All the things you can do with beads and wire!!! I love the orchids and the earrings too! FANTASTIC!

Events by Evonne, LLC said...

Ooooh, I LOVE the fuschia colors. Is there anything that you CAN'T do, Stacie? You (and Diane) are both so talented!

DK Designs said...

You never cease to amaze me! All the things you can do with beads and wire!!! I love the orchids and the earrings too! FANTASTIC!