HOME

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Uwink • Where Geeks Like to Eat

This restaurant is now closed :(

That statement is more then just an opinion. It is based on the fact that I went to Uwink with a dozen or so geeks and they loved it. How could they not? The food was good, the prices reasonable and on every table was a double, front and back, computer screen that you can use to order your food, call the wait staff to the table and even play video games on while waiting for your food to hit the table.

It's really pretty nifty. You sit down, create a user name onscreen and go ahead and place your order. If you go out to eat with people who don't always pay their fair share? This is the place for you. Each person runs a separate tab that even figures out the tip based on the percentage you select so no splitting checks or figuring out tax + tip.

The options are clearly marked and there are a lot of them. This was the water screen. I thought about splurging for the Pellegrino....


But instead I got the tap water... With ice.


For dinner I ordered the Spaghetti Marinara.

It didn't look exactly like the photo but it was good. The sauce seemed to be under the pasta instead of on top like the menu picture.


All gone!


One of the games was playing trivia against everyone else in the restaurant playing at the same time. I'd say this is a fun place to go with geeky computer friends but probably not ideal for those on a first date or anyone super competitive.

You're in luck if you live in or near Mountain View, Hollywood or Woodland Hills California. That's where you'll find a Uwink that you can visit.

Vegetarian and Vegan options are available.

2 Click Here to Comment:

Events by Evonne, LLC said...

OMG, I think I HAVE to go check out Uwink when I visit in 3 weeks. I will DRIVE to Mountain View just to eat there! :)

Tinygami said...

LOL Let me know if you need company and I'll meet you there!