HOME

Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Making of I Dream of Cake • A TWC Spotlight

Have you heard about The Wedding Chat's TWC Spotlight? Host Lea McIntosh is beginning to make the rounds to introduce you to some of the Bay Area's top wedding professionals, up close and in person. Her first interview was with Wildflower Linens. You can view it and learn all about their gorgeous linens by CLICKING HERE.

This past week I did a follow-along to show you a bit of the ins and outs of what it takes to produce her interview segments. We headed up to San Francisco together and met up with videographer Andrew Hsu of Studio MSV who is her production "crew-of-one" for the interviews and does all of the editing for the final video.

Here we are at I Dream of Cake to meet with cake designer Shinmin Li. I could tell you all about her but am going to make you wait for the interview so she can tell you all about herself, her most unusual orders and all about I Dream of Cake.

So first came the walking down the street introduction as Lea approached the shop door.

As soon as you arrive at the front window you're greeted by cakes!

This is Shinmin. She's not only a premiere cake designer, she's warm, friendly and very easy to talk to.

Setting up for the shoot... Lea does her research and prepares all of her questions for the interview ahead of time and does a quick run through before taping begins.

And... 3-2-1... ACTION!

After the sit down interview Lea donned an apron and joined Shinmin in the kitchen.

Here Shinmin is hand painting a gold accent to the details of this really unusual cake.

And here's a small gallery of some of the cakes and confections I saw in her showroom...





It's a wrap! That's all for now. Stay tuned. I'll be posting Lea's interview with I Dream of Cakes here on the blog as soon as it's ready to be published. Oh and guess what?

Shinmin did treat us to a quick cake tasting. Her mocha frosting? To die for! And I loved the white cake with berry filling. They were my two favs.

2 Click Here to Comment:

DK Designs said...

That must have been SO much FUN!

Anonymous said...

I CANNOT BELIEVE THE SHOE IS A CAKE. Amazing!