HOME

Friday, February 22, 2008

My Surprise Sushi Night!


What's a girl to do when she loves Japanese food but her new hubby doesn't? Well we have found the perfect solution to our dilemma. I hate to force people to do things they don't enjoy, but at the same time I don't want to deprive myself of something I love... So my very sweet and brilliant hubby came up with a great idea...

Last week he asked me to keep Thursday evening open but wouldn't tell me why, just that it would be fun. So last night he hands me a piece of paper with an address written on it and told me to be there at a designated time. I recognized the street as the one my favorite sushi restaurant is located on. That was when I realized what the night held in store for me.

You see, we discussed this idea a few months back. He offered to organize a once a month dinner so that I wouldn't ever ask him to go to a sushi bar with me ever again. I told him that I would need two friends and no more since when you sit at a bar you can't talk to the people on the far end. So he contacted two of my girlfriends and arranged for them to meet me at the restaurant. The surprise is that until I arrive at the restaurant, I don't know who I'm having dinner with. LOL!

We had a blast! It was so much fun. One of them I had even called the other day because we hadn't talked in several weeks. Little did I know I'd be having dinner with her a couple of nights later.

As many of you know I am a bit of a workaholic, so this once a month fun night out is probably a really good idea for my overall peace of mind.

And just for the record, I do not eat raw fish. Well not usually. I did partake in some raw ahi at a recent industry event because it had been prepared by Componere Fine Catering in SF. Though I'm not a fan of the raw? I'd so been dying to sample their food that I went ahead and walked on the wild side. I didn't regret it. It was awesome! EVERYTHING they make is a little bite of heaven.

1 Click Here to Comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great new husband you have! I can tell that he's always thinking of new ways to delight you and make you happy. He's a keeper! Why can't all men love their wives this much?