HOME

Friday, June 20, 2008

The 25 Live North American Tour


This photo from the Official George Michael Website, all others from my iPhone.

He's baaaaaaack! I really love George Michael's music. I love his voice, his songs and his lyrics. Particularly I love the Listen Without Prejudice album. I was thrilled when my hubby told me he had got us tickets to see him on the second stop of his 23 city, U.S. tour. I was not disappointed. He sounds as amazing as he did when I first saw him on his Faith tour 20 years ago! His latest release, a 2 CD set titled TwentyFive, celebrates the 25  years he has spent in the music industry.

After thanking the crowd for their support the past 25 years, George Michael humbled himself a bit by acknowledging how much he appreciates his fans standing by him "Because Lord knows it's not always easy being a George Michael fan" he told the audience. The crowd responded with a huge round of laughter and cheers.

We got there early and watched the HP Pavilion, home of the San Jose Sharks, fill up...

The picture on the left is approximately 7:30 pm, the center around 8:00 pm and the far right is the capacity crowd rockin' out! If you're a fan and you have the opportunity to catch one of his remaining shows... GO! You'll love it. Seemed like everyone around us did. When the lights dimmed the show opened with the "Waiting reprise" from Listen Without Prejudice. Oooooh I love that song! He performed for 2.5 hours! There was no opening act. It was just George.

That's him, super tiny at the front edge of the stage. We were well to the back of the arena up in the nosebleed section but honestly it didn't matter. Everything about the show was still amazing. He sang all of my favorites, One More Try, Kissing a Fool, A Different Corner, Careless Whisper, Freedom, Praying for Time, Faith, and more. Ooooh it was super cool! Hit after hit along with some new songs.

He let us know that he will continue making guest appearances on the second season of the tv show Eli Stone but folks... This may well be his final concert tour ever. Reports are he will not be pursuing music as his main interest in the future and any music he does create will most likely be given away free online. This could be your last chance!

"Father Figure"

How cool is this backdrop?

LOVE IT!

"A Different Corner"

IMHO his soulful rendition of "Praying for Time" was the best song of the evening. It literally brought tears to my eyes.

And it's hard to love, there's so much to hate
Hanging on to hope
When there is no hope to speak of
And the wounded skies above say it's much too late
Well maybe we should all be praying for time


2 Click Here to Comment:

Events by Evonne, LLC said...

I am so jealous that you went to see George Michael. I started listening to his music when he was still with Wham! Too bad he's not coming to Hawaii! =( But thanks for sharing the photos!

Tinygami said...

Ahhhhh yay another George Michael fan! My friend and colleague Armando was also at the concert but sitting on the other side of the arena from me. He had a real camera and got some great pics. I'll be adding them to the blog when I have a few free minutes :D