HOME

Sunday, June 22, 2008

My Canon Point and Shoot


In case you've ever wondered... This is the camera I use to take almost all of the photos featured here on my Fun and Flirty Blog. It's the Canon Powershot SD600 Digital Elph.

It's a great little camera. One of the things I love most about my Elph is that it has a macro feature. I use it a lot, especially for all of my food pictures. Plus it's so tiny I can take it anywhere.

I even drive with the camera sitting on the seat beside me now so I don't miss a shot if I'm driving down the street.

For instance one day I drove past the Santana Row shopping center in Santa Clara. That particular day they were moving some trees. And I don't mean little tiny trees in one gallon tubs. Nope these were HUMONGOUS oak trees that were easily decades old.

As I drove by I turned my head and saw one of these massive trees, suspended in midair by a crane, floating a good 30 or more feet above the ground. By the time I came around the block and dug out my camera it was too late. I'd missed the shot. I did get this one of a tree already loaded on the back of a flatbed to be moved to I have no idea where... The one I saw floating is the one behind it to the right.

Ahhhh I'm so bitter that I missed that shot. It was surreal. Like something from a Dali painting. A ginormous floating tree. Well I won't be caught unprepared again.

0 Click Here to Comment: