HOME

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Mochica - My First Peruvian Meal

Oh Yum! I'd never had Peruvian food before. Have you? I wasn't really sure if I'd like it but I was game to try. When I arrived up in San Francisco one afternoon for a very special surprise lunch organized by Duncan Reyes for our good friend and colleague Michelle Barrionuevo-Mazzini at Mochica on Harrison Street in the South of Market district I became an immediate fan!

This is the very cute interior of the restaurant. My advice is to go for sure, but make sure you aren't in a big hurry. The service was attentive but it took a while for all of the food to be served. Once it did arrive it was absolutely worth the wait. I'll be going back for sure. In fact I can hardly wait!

Here was our Birthday girl Michelle Barrionuevo-Mazzini of MB Design and Events (on the right) chatting with guest Nicole D'Ambra.

As a special gift I made Michelle a custom cake topper to add a bit of bling to her birthday cake and will later be a small display piece in her office.

Hope you made a great wish Michelle!

Almond Crunch Cake!


Photo Courtesy of Augie Chang

After her surprise lunch there was a get together at Bliss Bar in Noe Valley that evening organized by the Birthday Girl herself... And let me tell you it was party time! This photo was taken on Augie's camera by photographer Gene Higa who got us all grouped together for this very fun, almost everyone who was there, group shot. Thanks to Augie for letting us use the pic from his blog and to Gene for taking it.


Photo Courtesy of Augie Chang

Here is a very cute pic of the Birthday Girl and our friend and colleague Andrew Hsu from Studio MSV.

More Yum. These cupcakes were so cute. I've been trying to cut back on desserts and knowing I ate that big piece of almond crunch cake earlier in the day, I did my best to resist these cute little guys. I did pretty well for the first couple of hours. But they were calling to me, even through the chatter and music I could hear them beckoning to me. Especially when someone else sat down in close proximity to me to eat their cupcake. Taunting me, and quite frankly I caved and ate not one but TWO of them. Oh well, it was a party. I was supposed to have fun right?

3 Click Here to Comment:

Anonymous said...

HEY! Thanks for the post! Flirty-Guiders Unite! :0)
That was a fun night - we didn't get to sit and chat all that much (it was really loud there, wasn't it?) but it's always nice to see you, Stacie! cheers!

Tinygami said...

Hi Andrew! Thanks for dropping by the blog... That was a very fun night. I wish I could have stayed longer but I was partied out. Left my house at 10:00 am and didn't get home until 11:30 pm. Long day. Maybe if I had eaten a few more cupcakes I would have caught a nice, second wind, sugar buzz. LOL :P

Events by Evonne, LLC said...

I love Mochica! My hubby and I tried it last December for the first time and it was soooo good. I had the scallops and it was delicious!

Happy belated b-day, Michelle (we both got married about the same time and she was a fellow SF Knottie)! =)