HOME

Sunday, December 30, 2012

My wine lover status has been confirmed


For Christmas hubby got me a case of my favorite wine.


He had it shipped to his office because our neighborhood has experienced at least one stolen package that I'm aware of in recent weeks and I didn't want to have to go to desperate measures to protect my wine like the woman who recently set a trap for her local package thief up in San Francisco. When he struck, she chased him down with a wooden sword, incapacitated him with bear spray, then made a citizens arrest and held him until the police arrived to take him to the hospital. It would make a great, adrenaline filled blog post but I really don't need the drama.

My case arrived safely and in good condition albeit a bit late. It didn't arrive until after hubby left work the Friday night before the holiday so I didn't receive it until the day after Christmas after he returned to work.


It was worth the wait. 12 bottles all for me! Along with the case came a handwritten note letting us know that only 78 cases of their 2010 Late Harvest Sauvignon Blanc were made and that it's the kind of wine that will keep for decades. Decades?


Hmmm. I was planning on drinking a bottle a week for the next 12 weeks. Guess maybe I should pace myself.


Not only does Malm make a delicious wine, I love their attention to detail. Their monogrammed corks are sealed with a rich, red wax instead of foil.


There was also a postcard about the Wine Road's upcoming WInter WINEland event January 19-20, 2013. CLICK HERE for more details. Meet the winemakers, sample some food pairings, or take a winery tour. If you've never been to Sonoma's wine country before it would be a great time to go.

If you're interested in ordering some you can contact Malm Cellars at:

Ph 707.364.0441
Fax 707.473.9830

Malm Cellars
P.O. Box 1524
Healdsburg, California 95448

0 Click Here to Comment: